Sunday, July 30, 2017

A Child's smile, tears for a freind and the love of a husand.

The smile of a child in the morning, is better than seeing the sun peak over the horizon. - Gina Kemper

It’s Sunday and I am back.
This week I was blessed to have our first overnight with my grandson, as his parents enjoyed some relaxation and well-deserved time off.  It was amazing seeing his face light up after a good nights’ sleep and seeing the expectation of the day to come.  We played, we ate, we shopped and we read. It was a wonderful way to spend a couple of days.  This time together also shows me how me what wonderful parenting my son and daughter-in-law are doing with their son and makes me proud that I may have had a hand in teaching my son some parenting skills.

This week also brought a loss of friend, although it's been a long time since high school, the memories created there are deeply embedded in our being. I am so blessed to say that my school years were filled with very happy memories and friends that will last a lifetime. We may not see friends from high school on a regular basis and maybe it's only being able to keep up with them on Facebook. But when one of your own leaves this world and at a young age. It makes you sit back and reminisce a moment, remember the smiles and laughter. So you shed a few tears, remember the good times and live your life knowing tomorrow's not promised.

We ended the week with a rare thing that we get to experience, a date night. It started with drinks and games at the Assumptions Bazaar. We saw friends and family while enjoying the music and a wonderful summer night.  Then it was Pizza and drinks at 3 Son’s Italian restaurant. There are many times as a wife of a night-shifter, that you sit alone, to have a date night like this occasionally, reignites the fire and helps you understand how important working on a relationship is, even if it is over 30 some years in the making.  You should never stop trying to keep the passion of love in your hearts.


I would like to shout out to me, as this week also brought 5 days of workouts, yes, I said 5 days of workouts. 3 in the gym and 2 walking over a mile while enjoying the company of my wonderful husband.  Waiting to watch the pounds fall off.

Have a great week my friends, I look forward to what the new week holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment