Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Old Friends and regaining perspective

It’s funny how we forget the importance of the people of our past.  Whether it’s an only friend you grew up with, a co-worker that you haven’t seen in years, or a family member that you don’t see very often the memories we shared still link us together.  This last week I saw some faces from that past and had some wonderful conversations with people that who I had lost touch with, because we decided to follow different paths in life that brought a warmth to my heart.  The fact that when we saw each other we could hug, smile, laugh and pick up right where we left off, was amazing.  They really made me feel like I was an important part of their life, and the fact that I hadn’t been involved in their present lives didn’t matter.  I felt how much they cared about me and where glad to see me and it was like there was no distance at all.  Friendships are something that once created can never be dissolved.  Oh yes, they can be broken, or injured by words or actions, but once someone is embedded in your heart and mind, you cannot remove them.  No surgeon in the world is that good.  I am thankful that I don’t have any past friendships that are broken or injured.  I am grateful that I have the ability to say I love and miss you in my life, to the people who have touched my past.  I am presently struggling with some inner emotions and some physical changes (got to love menopause) that I don’t like. I am trying to keep in perspective what brings me happiness and how to prioritize my life so that I can enjoy that happiness and what I have realized is all the people of my past and present care about my happiness and are willing to be there for me. So I would like to tell you all, that I love you and I am thankful for you all, whether I met you yesterday or 50 years ago. I thank God that you are and always will be embedded in my heart.
God Bless

1 comment: