Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dubai Wonderful


Dubia loved it, Actually the United Arab Emerites as a whole.  I wasn’t sure about visiting this country either, I thought I would feel like a second class person being a women and not being Muslim, and the not showing affection and having to wear more clothes was giving me second thoughts, but it wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated.  The people there were very nice. The architecture there was so amazing.  They have not only the world highest tower, of which our hotel was in.  They have the world biggest shopping mall, (now you know I am not a shopper but one level entirely of shoes, even made me swoon.  Every color and kind you could imagine and really not bad prices. It also held an indoor ice rink and an aquarium.  The décor was amazing; they have a beautiful waterfall and a gorgeous starry sky inside the building. Yes they are a little indulgent, but the government really takes care of you if you are an emirate. Yes their price of gas is cheap but the cost of Water is outrageous.  I think I would rather have water.  The Armani hotel is fabulous.  Every detail was perfect and right out our window was a fountain like at the Bellagio in Vegas designed by the same guy but 3 times larger.  It was beautiful.  I learned a lot about this country.  The head of the country drives himself around in a jeep, He has no security and mingles with the people.  He seems to be a very nice man. We went to his Palace and although you couldn’t go in you could walk around the grounds without a guard in site.  Women’s rights have come along lately which is a good thing, actually there are 7 women on their government board not sure what it is called and many women didn’t wear the traditional outfits, some were even a little daring in their dressing.  That was a surprise.  We visited the Gold and Spice Souks.  It is surprising to me was the number of people buying and selling gold from every country in the world.  One thing that impressed me most was how clean it was. Overall Dubai is a destination I would visit again.

We went from Dubai to another province of the UAE and stayed 2 nights at the Banyan Tree Al Wadi Resort.  A very interesting place in the middle of the desert.  We had a villa with a private pool.  The first night we sat in the Moon bar a rooftop bar where you can watch the sun go down, have a good drink and listen to music, and then the second night we went on a sunset camel ride, there was a lot to do there 2 days wasn’t enough.  During the day they have a beach resort that they shuttled us to.  Now this is the place I would go to when I go back, beautiful sand beaches, warm clear water in the Arabian See, beautiful Golf courses absolutely someplace to put on your bucket list. 
Will be posting more pictures soon face book.  Internet a little slow.
Next stop Mauritius.God bless and Happy Travel












 

No comments:

Post a Comment