Wednesday, March 6, 2013

New Zealand a wonderful start.







 

So today is Thursday March 6, 2013,   I got on the plane in LA on Sunday and after about 5 hours it became reality I was traveling to the other side of the world.  The flight was good kind of like sitting in a theater, watched Good movies and the food was very good for airplane food.  As we landing in Auckland my anticipation grew.  What should I expect; what if there was no one there to pick us up.  What if it was a dream, but we got off the plane customs was a breeze and standing there when we got our bags was a delightful man holding a sign saying Gina and Norbert Kemper.  I have never been greeted like that.  He was our chauffer and led us to a beautiful BMW to a half hour ride to the Sofitel Hotel on the Harbor.  The hotel was beautiful and the people here are amazingly friendly.  I have never seen so many sailing boats and racing Catamarans in my life.  The town itself is a lot like downtown Denver but not as rushed.  Something like 90% of the population on the north Island live here, so there is a lot of people and so many cultures, this is really a melting pot.  If you are a sailing fan, the American’s cup is held here and the ships are fantastic.  We got on a ferry and road over to Devonport.  A very cute little town went back to Auckland and enjoyed a gelato (love it) with my husband as we watched the sunset on the harbor.  It started to mist and we went back to the hotel wondering what tomorrow would bring. The next day began being greeted by our same driver and taken to the airport for our 40 min plane ride to Napier.  Anxiety kicked in as I am not a fan of little planes, but Gina is learning to come out of her box.  The plane ride wasn’t as bad as imagined and when we landed, again there was a driver holding up our names.  We drove about 45 minutes to one of the most beautiful spots I have seen.  The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, we were personally greeted and given a tour, we were told to treat this as our home.  (Ya like my home has a beautiful golf course. With views looking out to a bay that will take your breath away), we were shown to our own private cottage, stocked fridge, heated bathroom floor a shower bigger than my bathroom at home and a balcony that is looked out to serenity.  As we were to be a dinner at 7:00 we had some time, so we walked they have many beautiful trails here and so off we went.  I need to thank my son Nick for getting me in shape, after an 8 kilometer walk I was exhausted but we witnessed breathtaking views and stood with a colony of gannets.  We return and dressed for dinner.  (Who new Bert would need a jacket for dinner; thank god they have them in all sizes for their guests.) We were greeted by a sommelier and enjoyed a wonderful glass of wine, a sampling of appetizers and then were served a wonderful dinner as we looked out to the golf course and the bay.  We enjoyed the Sunset as they played some soft jazz and big band music.  I sat and tears actually came to my eyes as I never thought a regular person like me would be able to experience this kind of service and attention.  I knew it was out there but I felt it was always reserved for someone else.  I thought I would always be on the giving end not the receiving end of this type of lifestyle .We returned to our cottage and fell into bed.  The blankets enveloped us like a giant marshmallow.  I slept like a baby.  Today we are going to hike to the lavender fields and enjoy a day by the pool.  Tomorrow we head to Hong Kong.  I hope you are all safe at home and I will right more from Hong Kong
To enjoy more picture  visit my facebook page
God Bless and safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment