Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where are you Christmas?





“Where are you Christmas, why can’t I find you.”  Yep that’s how I have felt this last week.As you can see the house is decorated, the tree is ready, but something is different.  The empty nest syndrome has hit me hard as Christmas approaches.  Christmas season has a whole new perspective when you don’t have children around.  Bert and I went to a Christmas party last night and as I watched all the children visiting Santa, I saw an excitement and anticipation in their eyes that you don’t see at any other time, but I also watched the parents and I could see that spark in their eyes, you could see their excitement as they watched their hopeful children ask for their Christmas wishes. I know that my son’s are grown adults; I know they are all out fulfilling their dreams.  I understand that my job duties as a mother have changed and I’m proud that I raised such independent boys, but somehow, I still feel something is missing. I think it’s the noise and commotion. The quiet in the house is deafening and lonely. I love my husband and I am glad that he is here with me, being together at least lessens the loneliness. I know the Christmas magic will find me, I know that as my baking starts, and as friends and family start to gather, I will get out of this fog and I can’t wait to hear that little whisper saying “MERRY CHRISTMAS” in my heart starts to yell in my head.  

Until that time, I have been trying to keeping busy, finished some more training, and learned all about guided land tours through Traflager,(if you are interested in a wonderful vacation, even here in the United States, let me know. There is some great information out there).  Also, I finished my newsletter, it was quite a challenge and I hope to keep it as informative as possible. I have also found some new exercises to try so that when the warm weather comes back I can feel good in summer clothes. 

So if you are experiencing loneliness this season or have a house that is too quiet, please know that you are not alone, I’m right there with you. I hope that you can feel my love come through this blog to each one of you, being able to write this and knowing that someone out there is reading this has been very cathartic for this lonely mom. 

Have a great weekend.  I hope you are all hearing MERRY CHRISTMAS yell in your head.

Buona sera e presto, Good night and see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment