Monday, January 23, 2012

Waiting and Hoping and Happiness

Attesa e Speranza e la Felicità, Waiting and Hoping and Happiness
We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”  Joseph Campbell.
This time of year we are all waiting, waiting for the summer, waiting for those pounds to drop that we pledged to lose this year, waiting for that promotion, waiting to find a new job, waiting to get out of school, waiting for that perfect relationship, waiting for that winning lotto tickets or just waiting for happiness. It seems we are all are waiting for something. 
At 51 years old I’ve been waiting for that fairytale dream life for a long time, and the older I get the more I realize that the only way I can hope to attain everything I’ve been waiting on is to change my mind set.  Get rid of the waiting frame of mind and look at what life has already given me.  There is another quote from Joseph Campbell that says “The way to find out about happiness is to keep your mind on those moments when you feel most happy, when you are really happy — not excited, not just thrilled, but deeply happy. This requires a little bit of self-analysis. What is it that makes you happy? Stay with it, no matter what people tell you. This is what is called following your bliss.”  I am happy, I’m happy that I’m healthy, that my sons are independent young men who are following their desire to be happy, I’m happy that I found a wonderful man to love me and I’m happy that I am still able to live the life that is waiting for ME. It may not be the fairy tale life that I‘ve dreamed about when I was young, where you have no problems, all the money in the world, the ability to live out all your passions in life and you ride into the sunset happily ever after?  But the life I’m supposed to have is out there.  Do I have hopes for more absolutely, I would love to be able to travel, not get up every day at 7 and go to work, be able to enjoy more of what this wonderful world has to offer, and live a wonderful retirement with my husband, but I can’t achieve that that unless I stop sitting around waiting and working harder to change my outlook and if this 51 year old women can step back and try to find ways to make something happen, think of what you can do, no matter what your situation.  START NOW.  It’s never too late to make a change, education yourself, get healthy, learn to love yourself and find out what really make you happy, and never stop hoping. I don’t know who said it but I am going to leave you with one last quote.   “Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?”
I told you I would keep you updated on my daily and weekly goal, worked out  4 days, finished 2 more classes, and started a book call “A Summer Affair” (corny romantic novel), so I’m right on track. Oh and I have kissed my husband every day.
God Bless, Love you all.  Please let me know your thoughts and share this with your friends, It might make a difference in someone’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment