Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Know what you don't know.

This weeks post has 2 parts. First, I got my first booking.  Yeah, I’ve finished a couple more trainings, and I am organizing a group cruise to the Caribbean for all my family and friends, I hope you all look into it here is the link to the event so click on it for more details, I so very excited, I hope you all join me.

Now for the second and most important part “Know what you don’t know” I heard that phrase this last weekend and after the last couple of weeks (which you may have noticed I have been off the grid) it really resonated with me.  After 51 years of life and 32 years as a mother, I thought I knew what I what I didn’t know, like I know I don’t know a lot about the travel industry, but I am seeking that knowledge, I know I don’t know how to speak Italian, I do know that love can be the best and worst thing you ever feel and I do know God is Good.  

What I found out recently was, I now know that no matter how well you know someone, your spouse, your child, your best friend you may never really know what is going on inside. Reality can me masked by an illusion of familiarity, just because you have seen the same thing over and over you believe it’s real and I have recently seen the masked removed and reality is scary, it is a feeling of guilt for being wrong and a feeling of the unknown, because you don’t know what to anticipate.  I’ve learned never to assume to know what the outcome of your life will be, or how a situation will turn out or how a person will react; you may and most likely will be wrong.

I also thought I knew how to listen but I learned that I really didn’t know how to listen, (I mean really listen). I listened to the words people are speaking, and yes I would hear what I thought was being said but what I found out was that sometimes I was not hearing the real meaning, I was hearing what I wanted to hear, because hearing what was really being said was too hard to hear. Lastly, I thought that strength was not being vulnerable, but I was wrong. Even the strongest person can be vulnerable and vulnerability is not a sign of weakness but a tool to use to become stronger.

So when you look into the eyes of someone you think you really know and listen to someone talk.  Look deeper, listen with your heart and open your mind. You might be surprised at just what you’re hearing and seeing.  Don’t let a preconceived idea of who a person is, mute what that person is saying. If you are the one not being heard have the strength to be vulnerable and open your self up to others.  You will be surprised at how much love will shine on you and the warmth that you will feel from that love will make you even stronger.  I now know more of what I didn’t know and I hope this will help you all to understand more of what you don’t know.

Tune in next week to find out more of what I at 51 am learning about life.

God Bless
Happy and Safe Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment