Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Good Day.

Buon Giorno.

I hope you enjoy the slide show of my family and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It’s such a wonderful holiday, no hustle and bustle, no materialism, just cooking, eating and family.  Cooking is one of my favorite things to do.  This year I made homemade gnocchi to add that little bit of Italy to our table.  Tried some new pie recipes also, in addition to the normal pumpkin and Apple I made a white chocolate cranberry and pumpkin chiffon.  Even my son Anthony got into the spirit and made his own Pumpkin pies to take to a friends house, I hope he had as wonderful a day as we did and I hope he knows how much I miss him.

Now that the holiday season has begun there just never seems to be enough hours in the day.  Yesterday, I put up the tree and decorated the inside of the house.  Bert is outside. as I write this. putting up the lights on the house.  We keep it a little understated but I’m sure as we get grandchildren we will go all out.  Today I fit in an hour of exercise, really I just got tired of watching like that 20th football game on TV, keep in mind when you don’t have time to exercise short circuits of cardio between some really good exercise can make a short workout very productive so I am making a promise to myself not to skip exercise because of time but to utilize my time better.  I still have a few pounds and inches to get rid of and skipping exercise, because of the holiday is not good.  I may not make much progress toward my goal, as foods get richer this time of year and cocktails flow more freely. but I won’t loose any ground either. 

I finished another travel course YEAH and became an “AMResort Master Agent”.  It’s the first time I am a Master anything and I have learned that AMRresorts are wonderful they are affordable luxury option that I can now book and, I also learned about destination weddings, “not that we are planning anything like that in my house” but if you are I can help.  I am looking forward to start actually booking my first trip for someone.

I also spent some additional family time with my husband and sons Dennis, Nick, and their girlfriends,  we went and saw “The Muppet Movie”  (my husband’s favorite) watching Bert in the theater made me realize one of the many reasons I love him, his childlike smile.  It brought back a lot of memories when we would sit with the boys and watch the show weekly and yes I did cry during the singing of “Rainbow Connection” 

Well I hope you had as wonderful a holiday and I did and don’t forget to make time for yourself and your family, during this busy season.   Have a beautiful week talk to you next Friday.  Don’t forget I love reading your comments and would love to have you follow me. 

Ciao  

No comments:

Post a Comment