Friday, November 18, 2011

To my Friends and Family a La Festa del Ringraziamento (Festival of Thanks).

Thankfully this has been a very busy week for me, I have learned to put myself out there and open some doors that I would have left closed. I know it sounds funny but  this outgoing lady, doesn’t not like to be the center of attention, now don’t get me wrong, I love to have parties and meet people and plan events, but put me on center stage, not for me, that’s for my brother. I would rather do things behind the scenes, and make them perfect, but I have learned recently that you have to put yourself out there to grow a business you have to be able to accept rejection, and learn to laugh at yourself. I started a major marketing campaign to let everyone know about my new endeavor and sell myself (not literally) and my abilities. I have contacted people I haven’t talked to in years and surprisingly the response has been great. I also created a website http://www.froschtravadaarvada.com/, (amazing how you can teach an old dog new tricks), and I don’t think it’s half bad.  I will begin to improve it with time but I’m pretty proud of myself so far. 
I also was happy to find out that my small little Thanksgiving dinner for 6 was now going to be 19.  Yeah more like a holiday. I know they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Italy, but they do have feast days and in the fall they celebrate their harvest with holidays that brings family, friends and food together. Italians are known for their love of family and food and I am no different.  There have been many traditions passed through many generations of my family. Most of them are still kept, they may look a little different than it used to, and we may not eat the same way as we used to but the love and passion is still there. We don’t all have to be in the same house, the same city or the same state to know how much we love each other, and this my friends no matter who is sitting at the table or what food is on the table will never die.
So as you celebrate you traditions whether it be a big dinner with family or an intimate dinner for 2 here is something to think about.
Throughout the year we start to take for granted or sometimes don’t even realize the number of people in our lives that actually affect our very being, our day to day existence.  It might be a family member, a close friend, someone you reconnected with on Facebook or one of the many other social networks, or a casual acquaintance that you may not have ever given a second thought about, but somehow for some reason they where to come into our lives even for a brief moment. As the holiday’s approach and especially now with all the changes I am going through, I started thinking about who has played a special part in my life, or given me a smile or a hug when no one knew I needed it, or even gave me words of encouragement to keep me going. The list is immense.  There are very few things in life that you can get through alone and I have learned that everyday something or someone will affect your life. I have been blessed with many people in my life that I am so thankful for, I have been blessed with the support of  wonderful husband and 3 wonderful sons, each of them have brought special people in my life, some good, some not so good, but none that I would ever trade because I learned something from each one of them; My loving family that shakes their head at me every time I do something crazy (like start a new career at 51), they never discourage my uniqueness;  My friends some that I have known for years, some that I’ve just met and some that came into my life for a brief time and are now gone, each one of them have a profound attachment to my heart.   I would not be who I am today if not for each and every one of you and I thank you for reading my blog, encouraging my drive and supporting my endeavors, I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment