Friday, October 28, 2011

Marketing, Marketing and More Marketing

This week has been very interesting. I am learning that building a client base is very slow.  It’s all in the marketing and talking to everyone you see and know.  As you may know, talking to people has never been a problem for me and now that I have something (besides my sons) to be passionate about I can really talk.  Ask my husband, I think he is really getting tired of hearing me talk about what I am learning, but he knows and understands how excited I am and that I have all these things filling up my head they have to come out and he is the lucky recipient.  This week has expanded my knowledge of cruising.  I’ve also taken seminars in Marketing, there’s that word again.  It all comes back to bringing your business to the forefront and letting people know that Travel Consultants (that’s what I am now, I love to say that) are still alive and well.  I’m learning that in some cases they are like miracle workers, finding that one way to make people’s dreams come true. It’s not only about that dream vacation it is being creative in your thinking about finding the best scenario to help a group travel or just getting someone to a business trip or reunite a family.  I can’t wait till I book my first trip.  I have done lots of quotes and they have come out real well, but let's face it, I do have to make some money at this.

I also went golfing this week, fitting in my exercise on the golf course is wonderful especially when it is 80 degrees in Colorado in October.  I don’t know how many of you heard me scream but I did when I chipped in for par from about 60ft away from the hole.  As you can probably tell, I’m not a great golfer, I’m still trying to break that 100 mark so this was a big big deal. I was jumping up and down, it was very exciting. The day was also a nice way to spend an afternoon with my husband.  We are beginning to reconnect.

Well I’ve got to get back to preparing for my First Event at the travel agency. Never been part of a travel expo before, and next week I’m sure you will hear all about it. Hope to see you all there.  Here is a link to the event on facebook A Fall Travel Night
Have a great Halloween weekend and be safe, don’t drink and drive. I want to have you back here next week.

Happy and safe travels. God Bless.

1 comment: